The Model Investment Club of Northern Virginia (MicNOVA) is sponsored by the D.C. Chapter of BetterInvesting and the Fairfax County Public Library. MicNOVA provides new and experienced investors with the opportunity to learn about investing in stocks and managing a portfolio. Our meetings are free and open to the public. You don’t have to be a member of BetterInvesting or the Model Investment Club to attend.
We keep stock watcher reports and stock selection guides for our portfolio, treasurer reports, meeting agenda, and copies of presentations in public folders on Bivio.com.
If permitted by COVID-19 restrictions, we plan to have an in person meeting each quarter at the Tysons-Pimmet Library. The other two meetings during the quarter will be held on line.
We start promptly at 7:00 pm. Here is the MicNova meeting link for the on line meetings.
The meeting agenda can be found on http://bivio.com/micnova. Here are the upcoming meetings.
- December 14, 2021 – On line
- January 11, 2022 – On line
- February 8, 2022 – On line
- March 8, 2022 – On Line
- April 12, 2022 – In Person
Since 1951, BetterInvesting has helped over 5 million people become better, more informed investors. BetterInvesting helps its members build wealth through educational webinars, web-based mutual fund and stock tools, in-person learning events, publications, an active online community and software. Learn more about BetterInvesting here.
Events for the D.C. Chapter of BetterInvesting can be found on our chapter webpage. If you would like to receive emails about chapter events, please sign up on the chapter web page.
You can also monitor our portfolio on Manifest Investing. The portfolio dashboard shows the projected annual return (PAR), quality, revenue growth, projected P/E, dividend yield, and other important metrics. Manifest Investing is an excellent site for finding quality growth companies and for monitoring a portfolio.
Annualized Return by Stock
As of December 31, 2020
(Holding Periods Differ)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) 78.3% 78.3%
- Monster Bev Corp (MNST) 72.2% 72.2%
- CoStar Group (CSGP) 54.3% 54.3%
- Microsoft Corp (MSFT) 42.5% 42.5%
- Alphabet (GOOG) 31.0% 31.0%
- T Rowe Price Group (TROW) 27.4% 27.4%
- Gentex Corp (GNTX) 18.8% 18.8%
- VISA Inc. (V) 17.1% 17.1%
- Alimentation Couche (ANCUF) 9.1% 9.1%
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) 2.4% 2.4%
Through December 31, 2020
- MicNOVA 1-yr Return 20.9% 20.9%
- MicNOVA 3-yr Return (annualized) 9.6% 9.6%
- MicNOVA 5-yr Return (annualized) 14.1% 14.1%