The Model Investment Club of Northern Virginia (MicNOVA) is sponsored by the D.C. Chapter of BetterInvesting and the Fairfax County Public Library. MicNOVA provides new and experienced investors with the opportunity to learn about investing in stocks and managing a portfolio. Our meetings are free and open to the public. You don’t have to be a member of BetterInvesting or the Model Investment Club to attend.
We keep stock watcher reports and stock selection guides for our portfolio, treasurer reports, meeting agenda, and copies of presentations in public folders on Bivio.com.
Our club meets monthly on the Second Wednesday at the Tysons-Pimmett Regional Library, 7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22043. We start promptly at 7:00 pm and end by 9:00 pm.
The meeting agenda can be found on http://bivio.com/micnova. Here are the upcoming meeting dates.
- June 12, 2019
- July 10, 2019
- Aug 14, 2019
Since 1951, BetterInvesting has helped over 5 million people become better, more informed investors. BetterInvesting helps its members build wealth through educational webinars, web-based mutual fund and stock tools, in-person learning events, publications, an active online community and software. Learn more about BetterInvesting here.
The newsletter for the D.C. Regional Chapter of BetterInvesting contains a list of the activities and programs in the D.C. area for the Spring of 2018. Please join us.
Annualized Return by Stock
(Holding Periods Differ)
- Visa (V) 25.5% 25.5%
- Apple (APPL) 22.0% 22.0%
- Microsoft (MSFT) 18.6% 18.6%
- AbbVie (ABBY) 18.2% 18.2%
- IPG Photonics (IPGP) 17.1% 17.1%
- Alphabet (GOOG) 15.9% 15.9%
- Cognizant Technology (CTSH) 11.6% 11.6%
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW) 11.5% 11.5%
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) 11.5% 11.5%
- Gentex Corporation (GNTX) 9.5% 9.5%
- T. Rowe Price (TROW) 9.2% 9.2%
- Air Lease (AL) 0.3% 0.3%
- Cerner Corp. (CERN) -1.2% -1.2%
- LKQ Corp. (LKQ) -2.4% -2.4%
- CVS Health (CVS) -6.0% -6.0%
- Dycom Industries, Inc. -17.3% -17.3%
Through December 31, 2018
- MicNOVA 1-yr Return -15.6% -15.6%
- MicNOVA 3-yr Return (annualized) 6.9% 6.9%
- MicNOVA 5-yr Return (annualized) 7.1% 7.1%