The Model Investment Club of Northern Virginia (MicNOVA) is sponsored by the D.C. Chapter of BetterInvesting and the Fairfax County Public Library. MicNOVA provides new and experienced investors with the opportunity to learn about investing in stocks and managing a portfolio. Our meetings are free and open to the public. You don’t have to be a member of BetterInvesting or the Model Investment Club to attend.
We keep stock watcher reports and stock selection guides for our portfolio, treasurer reports, meeting agenda, and copies of presentations in public folders on Bivio.com.
Due to COVID-19, we have moved our monthly meetings online. Beginning in August 2020, we will meet on the third Tuesday of each month. We start promptly at 7:00 pm. Here is the MicNova meeting link.
The meeting agenda can be found on http://bivio.com/micnova. Here are the upcoming online meetings.
- August 18, 2020
- September 22, 2020
- October 20, 2020
- November, 2020
- December 21, 2020
Since 1951, BetterInvesting has helped over 5 million people become better, more informed investors. BetterInvesting helps its members build wealth through educational webinars, web-based mutual fund and stock tools, in-person learning events, publications, an active online community and software. Learn more about BetterInvesting here.
Events for the D.C. Chapter of BetterInvesting can be found on our chapter webpage. If you would like to receive emails about chapter events, please sign up on the chapter web page.
You can also monitor our portfolio on Manifest Investing. The portfolio dashboard shows the projected annual return (PAR), quality, revenue growth, projected P/E, dividend yield, and other important metrics. Manifest Investing is an excellent site for finding quality growth companies and for monitoring a portfolio.
Annualized Return by Stock
As of July 11, 2020
(Holding Periods Differ)
- CoStar Group (CSGP) 40% 40%
- Biospecific Tech (BSTC) 33.2% 33.2%
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) 28.4% 28.4%
- VISA Inc. (V) 25.6% 25.6%
- Microsoft Corp (MSFT) 23.6% 23.6%
- Alphabet (GOOG) 21.8% 21.8%
- T Rowe Price Group (TROW) 14.81.6% 14.81.6%
- Gentex Corp (GNTX) 12.2% 12.2%
- AbbVie (ABBV) 11.2% 11.2%
- Alimentation Couche (ANCUF) 10.2% 10.2%
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) 6.8% 6.8%
- NV5 Global (NVEE) -16.2% -16.2%
Through June 30, 2020
- MicNOVA 1-yr Return 11.8% 11.8%
- MicNOVA 3-yr Return (annualized) 8.9% 8.9%
- MicNOVA 5-yr Return (annualized) 9.7% 9.7%